Secondary Student Program Details » Study Permit

Study Permit

Canadian Study Permit

All students who intend to study in Canada for more than six months must apply for a Canadian study permit in their home country before coming to Canada. Obtain and complete the Visa Application Form which is available from your local Canada Immigration Centre office.

Students must apply for and receive a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada before leaving their home country to attend school in Canada.


Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada website, Government of Canada or at the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate in the student’s home country.


Submit the application form with all custodian documents and the Letter of Acceptance from the program. The processing time can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to many months, depending on your home country.


For more information on processing times please visit the Government of Canada.


Please note that the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario will not have any information on your visa application status. Please direct all inquiries to your account at Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada. If your application for a study permit is rejected, please forward to us your refusal letter and we will immediately process your full refund less the administration fee which is non-refundable.