The best part of attending St. John’s school in Canada is cooking class, I enjoyed cooking in the kitchen. I also enjoyed playing the trumpet in music class. I enjoyed seeing Wild turkeys, deer, and nature in Eastern Ontario and playing in the snow.
– Yoshimi Ito, Japan International Student January 2016 – March 2016 at St. John Catholic High School, Perth.
What I like about living in Eastern Ontario was the nature and I enjoyed playing in the snow. Everyone in Canada was so kind and friendly to me. This experience benefited me because I was able to communicate in English, which improved my English speaking a lot.
– Nanaka Tsurumaru, Japan International Student January 2016 – March 2016 at St. John Catholic High School, Perth.
The best part of attending school in Canada was my construction class. My experience benefited me in a positive way, I learned a lot of English.
– Seibun Oshio, Japan International Student January 2016 – March 2016 at St. John Catholic High School, Perth.
I liked talking with many good people at many different places in Eastern Ontario. I enjoyed visiting Ottawa and trying different foods. If I had the opportunity to attend school in Canada I would like to do it again.
– Chisato Namai, Japan International Student January 2016 – March 2016 at St. John Catholic High School, Perth.
I think the best part of attending school in Canada within the Catholic District School Board was the relationship with the students, they are very warm and welcoming! Everybody was very close to me and try to do the best for me.
The experience was very interesting, in first for my English because when I come here I didn’t speak English, and my first 3 weeks I didn’t speak! I just said “Hello, Bye, and Thank you”. It was hard at the beginning, but my host family was very nice with me, and my friends too. Then it was easier to try to speak with them. I lived in Almonte, beautiful small town. It was very nice because in short time I could know lots of people. Others should consider this experience, because it’s just AWESOME.
– Clelia Maligne, France Exchange Student Fall 2015 at Notre Dame Catholic High School, Carleton Place.
Catholic Schools are considered more organized in my opinion. Uniforms, prayers, school rules, etc. Could help me be more organized, which is important to my future life.
When asked why others should consider attending CDSBEO’s International Education Program, Dilang said:
- Better English learning environment.
- No hustle and bustle, which are possessed by many big cities.
- Organized learn environment within Catholic schools.
– Dilang Mo, China International Student 2015 – 2017 at Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School, Cornwall.
The best part of attending school within CDSBEO is to experience a very good Canadian education system.
Eastern Ontario is known as a very diverse area. Which gives you a chance to meet people from your home country and many other countries.
– Betelhem Girma Abebe, Ethiopia International Student 2013 at Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School, Cornwall & St. Michael Catholic High School, Kemptville.
I began at St. Andrew’s Catholic Elementary School in grade 6 in 2012 and now I’m attending St. Joseph’s Catholic Secondary School. There are many great things about schools in Canada and the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario. For example, students and teachers have a very close relationship and the school system is spectacular. This experience coming to Canada to study is great so far. I have learned a lot. Not just academically but socially. I improved lots in English and I made lots of friends at school. My peers are very friendly and they seem too comfortable around me so it is very fun and easy to make friends. My English skills are getting better and better as I have more conversations with friends. One of the great things about high school in CDSBEO area is that there is absolutely no racism. Whether you are from Asia, Europe, Mexico, or Africa, it doesn’t matter. You will feel welcomed at all times.
– Jaehong Park, South Korea International Student 2012 to present at St. Joseph Catholic Secondary School, Cornwall.
I began at St. Andrew’s Catholic Elementary School in grade 5 in 2012. The best part of studying in Canada is the staff and the school. I like the staff because they are equally kind, friendly, and caring to all students in the school. The staff has helped me a lot with my English. I like living in Eastern Ontario because of its great environment. The air is clean and there are a lot of trees to make shade. Eastern Ontario is right near the U.S.A. border which is great.
I suggest other people to come to study in Canada and especially at CDSBEO. I suggest it because of the great studying style. Also, the great staff and peers in the schools and the school board. I really like this school board and I wish that other International Students come to my school so I can help them.
– Jaehyeok Jeon, South Korea International Student 2012 to present at St. Andrew’s Catholic Elementary, St. Andrew’s West and St. Joseph Catholic Secondary School, Cornwall.