Step 1: Before you Apply
Please make sure you have all the required information for the application process.
You have seven (7) days to submit once you have created a new application.
*Be sure to review the Online Application Instruction before you begin on the True North Portal.
Acceptance into a Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario school for our International Education program will be determined by the following criteria:
- The student’s educational background and current academic standing as indicated in their transcripts.
(Academic Requirement – B average (approximately 70%) in the students last 2 years of school.)
- Proper completion and submission of all required documents.
- Payment of all fees.
- The availability of space in the CDSBEO International Education Program. **Early enrollment is recommended to ensure access to the school of choice and desired programs.
Step 2: Confirmation of Application Received
Once you have submitted your Online Application we will send you:
- an automatic email reply Confirming Receipt of Application
- an invoice for all program fees and tuition
Step 3: Payment Process
We accept the following methods of payment (Canadian Funds):
- Domestic Payments:
- EFT, Cheque or Money Order (Payable to the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario)
- Credit Card (VISA or MasterCard)
- Wire Transfer
Please contact the CDSBEO Finance Department at Accounts Receivable to arrange payment and for banking details.
- International Payments:
- The CDSBEO accepts international payments through our international payment portal powered by Flywire. This portal allows you to save on bank fees and exchange rates and track your payment online from start to finish.
- Execute, track, and confirm your international payment online.
- Choose local, familiar payment options including bank wire transfer, credit cards, e-wallet and more for most countries and territories.
- Access multilingual customer support via live-chat, email, phone and more.
- Save on bank fees and ensure the best exchange rates with Flywire’s best price guarantee.
Step 4: Issuance of the Letter of Acceptance
When we receive full payment we will:
- Provide a copy of the statement of account.
- Issue an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA).*The official letter of acceptance is required for the student to apply for a Study Permit at the Canadian Embassy in order to study in Canada.
Step 5: Students requiring Homestay
- Once your CDSBEO application has been approved and payment received, you will be contacted by our homestay coordinators MLI to begin your homestay application process. (additional fees are applicable)
Medical History Form & International Student Agreement
Step 6: Prior to student arrival
- Provide a copy of the approved Study Permit to CDSEBO.
- Provide travel itinerary for both arrival and departure flight information. Arrangements will be made for you to be picked up at the airport by your homestay provider.