Step 1: Before you Apply
Please make sure you have all the required information for the application process.
You have fourteen (14) days to submit once you have created a new application.
*Be sure to review the Online Application Instructions before you begin on the True North Portal.
Acceptance into a Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario school for our International Education program will be determined by the following criteria:
- The student’s educational background and current academic standing as indicated in their transcripts.
(Academic Requirement – B average (approximately 70%) in the student's last 2 years of school.)
- Proper completion and submission of all required documents.
- Payment of all fees.
- The availability of space in the CDSBEO International Education Program. Early enrollment is recommended to ensure access to the school of choice and desired programs.
Once you have submitted your Online Application we will send you:
- an automatic email reply Confirming Receipt of Application
- an invoice for all program fees, tuition, health insurance and homestay (if applicable)
Step 3: Payment Process
We accept the following methods of payment (Canadian Funds):
- EFT, Cheque or Money Order (Payable to the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario)
- Credit Card (VISA or MasterCard)
- eTransfer to [email protected] and include student name and invoice number.
- Please contact the CDSBEO Finance Department at Accounts Receivable to arrange payment and for banking details.
- The CDSBEO accepts international payments through our international payment portal powered by Flywire. This portal allows you to save on bank fees and exchange rates and track your payment online from start to finish.
- Execute, track, and confirm your international payment online.
- Choose local, familiar payment options including bank wire transfer, credit cards, e-wallet and more for most countries and territories.
- Access multilingual customer support via live-chat, email, phone and more.
- Save on bank fees and ensure the best exchange rates with Flywire’s best price guarantee.
Step 4: Issuance of the Letter of Acceptance
When we receive full payment we will:
- Provide a copy of the statement of account.
- Issue an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA).*The official letter of acceptance is required for the student to apply for a Study Permit at the Canadian Embassy in order to study in Canada.
Step 5: Students requiring Homestay
- Once your CDSBEO application has been approved and payments received, you will be contacted by our homestay coordinators to begin your homestay application process.
- All students must complete the Medical History Form and the International Student Agreement.
Step 6: Before the student's arrival
- Provide a copy of the approved Study Permit letter to CDSEBO. A Border Services Agent will issue your Study Permit at the airport.
- Provide the current Covid-19 Travel Protocol documents.
- Provide travel itinerary for both arrival and departure flight information. CDSBEO can provide arrangements for you to be picked up at the airport by your homestay provider or a driving service.
- Provide your uniform sizes to that a uniform can be purchased and delivered to your school.