Canada Study Permit

All students who intend to study in Canada for more than six months must apply for a Canadian study permit in their home country before coming to Canada. Obtain and complete the Visa Application Form which is available from your local Canada Immigration Centre office.

Students must apply for and receive a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada before leaving their home country to attend school in Canada.

Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website, Government of Canada or at the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate in the student’s home country.

Submit the application form with all custodian documents and the Letter of Acceptance from the program. The processing time can take anywhere from a couple weeks to many months, depending on your home country.

For more information on processing times please visit Government of Canada