Once you have made the decision to attend the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario it is important that you take the time to learn all that needs to be done to submit an application. Submitting an application is a time consuming task.We strongly recommend that you engage with one of our local Education Recruitment Agency Partners to assist you with your application. If you would like the contact information for an Agency in your area please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Acceptance into a Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario school for our International Education program will be determined by the following criteria:
- The student’s educational background and current academic standing as indicated in their transcripts. (Academic Requirement – B average (approximately 70%) in the students last 2 years of school.)
- The availability of space in the CDSBEO International Education Program. Early enrollment is recommended to ensure access to the school of choice and desired program.
- Proper completion and submission of all required documents.
- Payment of all fees.
Step 1: Submit all required Application Forms:
- Email or mail the completed application forms to:
Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario
30 McGill Street N.
Smiths Falls, Ontario K7A 2J4 Canada
|Be sure to include:
MEDICAL HISTORY FORM
Step 2: Letter of Acknowledgement
Once we have received your completed forms, and reviewed your application, we will send:
- a Letter of Acknowledgement
- an invoice for all program fees and tuition
Step 3: Payment Process
We accept the following methods of payment (Canadian Funds):
- EFT, Cheque or Money Order (Payable to the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario)
- Credit Card (VISA or MasterCard)
- Wire Transfer
Please contact the CDSBEO Finance Department at Accounts Receivable to arrange payment and for banking details.
Step 4: Issuance of the Letter of Acceptance
When we receive full payment we will:
- Issue an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA). The official letter of acceptance is required for the student to apply for a Study Permit at the Canadian Embassy in order to study in Canada.
- Provide a copy of the statement of account.
Step 5: Students requiring Homestay
- Complete the Homestay Application form once received from our homestay coordinators at MLI.
Step 6: Prior to student arrival
- Provide a copy of your Study Permit to CDSEBO.
- Notify our office of your flight and arrival arrangements. Arrangements will be made for you to be picked up at the airport.
Canada Study Permit
All students who intend to study in Canada for more than six months must apply for a Canadian study permit in their home country before coming to Canada. Obtain and complete the Visa Application Form which is available from your local Canada Immigration Centre office. Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp or at the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate in the student’s home country.
Submit the application form with all custodian documents and the Letter of Acceptance from the program. The processing time can take anywhere from a couple weeks to many months, depending on your home country. For more information on processing times please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp
International students under the age of 18 who live and study in Canada without a parent must declare a legal custodian who lives in Eastern Ontario. A custodian is a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of Canada, who takes legal responsibility of minor children. Muskoka Language International will act as a custodian for all students registered in our homestay program. Other custodians are acceptable – send in notarized custodianship information to above address.
All students attending the CDSBEO International Education Program must purchase health insurance through the International Education Office. CDSBEO has partnered with Ingle International, a leading Canadian provider of health insurance to international students in Canada. Insurance forms, and instructions on what to do if a student needs medical care in Canada, are issued to all international students upon their arrival in Eastern Ontario and can also be found under Ingle International: https://www.inglestudents.com/cdsbeo.
Please note that the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario will not have any information on the status of your Visa application. Please direct all inquiries to Citizenship and Immigration Canada. If your application for a study permit is rejected, please forward to us your refusal letter and we will immediately process your full refund less the administration fee which is non-refundable.